Tuesday, August 10, 2010

How it Went: Three-Cheese Mushroom and Spinach Calzone


So here's what happened:
Overall, it went well and I have had two tasty lunches. However. I messed up on a couple of things:
A. I mis-read the recipe (I was tired! and hungry!) and forgot to add some of the cheese inside. That's why you see these baked calzone's have cheese on top. I used the "leftover" bit of cheese. I also left out the chili pepper flakes on three out of four of them, again, for no good reason.
B. The recipe calls for an amount of pizza dough by weight, but most pizza dough recipes are by number of pizzas they make. Does not compute. So I think I used a teensy bit more dough than I needed. Next time, I will weigh the dough ball and take off however much I don't need.

Tonight: the salad!

No comments:

Post a Comment