Tuesday, September 7, 2010

Dessert/Snack

I have two official snacks per day, on a weekday:
between breakfast and lunch
between lunch and dinner

You know, they say eating often is good for your weight, so... Normally, the first snack is walnuts. It brings an element of protein, and I don't get bored of them. For the after-lunch snack, I prefer something sweet. In fact, I sometimes eat that snack as dessert, if I think it will be filling enough that I will not get hungry again until dinner.

I used to buy yogurt granola bars, but started finding them pricey for such simple products (at $3 for six bars). Plus, as anyone who does a lot of their own cooking may agree: you don't *really* know what's in anything unless you make it yourself!That's when I started making my own make-ahead dessert/snacks. I have a great recipe for Jam Bars that I'll share in the future, but today I'm trying this one, from the Food Network:

Strawberry Banana Muffins

No comments:

Post a Comment