Tuesday, September 7, 2010

Pescetarian

I can live with the fact that some vegetarians, and certainly all vegans, will steer clear of this one:

Pangasius with a Cauliflower Sauce on Wilted Spinach

But for anyone without major reservations about eating fish, I can perhaps persuade you by pointing out that Pangasius is on SeaFoodChoice.org's Yellow List, which means only "some concerns", versus all those tasty fish you've been eating off the Red List, such as Chilean Sea Bass. To go "Green", use a different white fish, such as Pacific Cod. Just make sure it's caught by longline, not trawler, if you can. Otherwise,  you're back in the Yellow with me and my Pangasius friend. And for God's sake, no Atlantic Cod or David Suzuki will come get you in your sleep!


I've been meaning to cook a fish recipe for a while, but for some reason find it more complicated that carb-packed dishes. Not the cooking; the planning. Obviously not a good choice for out-of-home lunches, if you care about your co-workers, you will only eat fish at home. This is my week's make-ahead (and reheat) dinner recipe.

I promise, this is the only "meat" I will ever cook for myself. There will never be chicken, or deer, or beef, or any of their land-lubbing, flying relatives.

No comments:

Post a Comment